Friday, December 31, 2010

Bushnell Sportsman Series Review

Dear President

Ill. m President of the Republic, the Hon George Napolitano,
my name is Domenico Forgione, are Ph.D in History of Mediterranean Europe since 2004 (license from the University of Messina) and are enrolled at the regional reporters for the region of Calabria (published list). For six years I worked as a local correspondent of "The Newspaper of Calabria," while still continuing to be part of the editorial board of the journal International Studies "Grotius" (published by the University of Messina) and the Scientific Committee of the journal of migration studies "Neos" (published by the Region of Sicily). I was also in the United States (2002), accompanying a delegation of scholars who conducted a research on third-generation Italian-Americans. Over the years I have published three books and several essays on contemporary history. I follow with passion the political events and current affairs, so as to use a personal blog (www.forgionedomenic.blogspot.com) to expose my humble thoughts on what's happening in our society. I emphasize with satisfaction that many of these articles have been published in various local newspapers (Calabria Now, the newspaper of Calabria).
He's wondering what's the problem? The problem lies in these skills, my ability to study and reflection that is of no use in terms of material. My academic career has virtually stranded. My parents are not academics, but honest and proud people who have spent many years abroad (I myself was born in Australia), who have only the fifth grade and with enormous sacrifices have been able to graduate to one of their three children. In the newspapers or at least in the media world there are no less difficult. In fact, once received a card of a journalist, no one has accepted my proposal - which then was also consistent with my training - of a different role from that of the corresponding 5-cent to local staff. That is why I preferred not to work more. Paradoxically, whereas before I did just write the news White, fairs and festivals, now that I did not even quell'avvilente contract term employment contract, I publish articles about political before I was strictly forbidden, because the hierarchy of the drawing must be respected!
At 37, I'm a precarious that it can not be more precarious. After the PhD I found myself with absolutely nothing in hand and with little chance to bring in my expertise, having invested almost entirely in an academic career that can not get to anything worthwhile. My many attempts to seek some accommodation banging against a bitter reality: my age is now a serious obstacle, as is the fact that I do not have no professionalism "manual" - is obviously not the intellectual right. I try to cultivate my intellectual interests as a person who can, with a degree, doctorate and publications can be found to do, from time to time (not constantly), the work for which there was no need no title, or school, or academic .
Ill.mo President, this is an outlet, like many others, I presume. A country that fails to give a chance failed as much as those who are in my state. Sincerely

Domenico Forgione

0 comments:

Post a Comment